Road to Tokyo 2020
Road to Tokyo 2020
Come train alongside the world's best at Fonseca Martial Arts in Chicago, IL. Fonseca Martial Arts sponsors and hosts top level domestic and international athletes and coaches in preparation for the 2020 Olympic Games held in Tokyo. FMA provides sponsorship which includes training, housing, transportation, meals, and access to elite training facilities.
Sponsored athletes will have the opportunity to work with top international coaches and train with other high level international competitors. Coaches who participate in the "Road to Tokyo" will have the opportunity to develop their coaching as they share knowledge with one another and train with some of the best athletes from across the globe.
After a careful screening process, prospective athletes and coaches are selected for this internship based on their work ethic, talent, integrity, attitude, availability, and commitment to the team. Athletes and coaches must arrive within 30 days of having their application approved. There are 10 sponsorship spots available which are granted on a rotational basis and valid for a maximum of 5 months. Upon conclusion of each camp, athletes and coaches will return to their home countries to share their knowledge and experience within their national federations.
- At least 18 years old
- Completed Questionnaire
- Training/Competition videos
- Skype interview
- 5 Professional References
- Background check
- Rank certificate
- National Federation Athlete Id
FMA provides athletes and coaches with the following:
- Apartment Style Housing (includes bed, bathroom, shower, kitchen, laundry, and wifi)
- Housing expenses (air conditioning, heat, electricity, cable, tv, water)
- 3 meals per day
- Training facilities
Daily Training Schedule:
- Session 1: Strength & Conditioning
- Session 2: Karate Sport Specific Technical/Tactical Training
- Session 3: Video Analysis, Sports Psychology, Recovery, Strategy & Review
*All inquiries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with Attention: 'Road to Tokyo 2020' in the subject line.